The new school year is around the corner and we here at Mark Morris are excited to welcome you to the 2018-2019 school year. I would like to formally introduce myself as your new Principal. My name is Brooks Cooper and I have been an Assistant Principal here at Mark Morris for the last three years. I am excited to continue to work with our excellent staff to provide a positive and challenging school experience for your student.
Our building focus will be on Literacy (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) and a focus on ALL students. Our ever-changing world requires us in education to continually meet the needs of our students. By focusing on Literacy and ALL students, we hope to provide a positive and challenging school experience for ALL of our students. Our theme for the year is “Why Not Now?” Why Not Now challenge yourself to new goals, Why Not Now tackle new study habits, Why Not Now join a new club, Why Not Now try a new sport…
You will notice a few changes as you return from summer break and launch into the new school year:
- Students will be issued a Chromebook as we are now a 1:1 school.
- All classrooms have received a technology update.
- Our main hallway and guidance office have been freshly painted.
- We have a brand new track.
You will also see some new faces as you return. This fall we welcome four new staff members to Mark Morris. Please join me in welcoming:
- Brian Mitchell (Assistant Principal) former MM choir teacher of 21 years.
- Anna Langenbach (Counselor) is coming from Mt. Solo Middle School.
- Sondra Sampson (Special Education)
- Myla Streander (School Psychologist)
It’s going to be a great year here at Mark Morris and we look forward to seeing you!